Dr.Khumalo Abortion Clinic
Gynecologist Center with a wide range of experience in women problems, Abortion Pills
Dr,Khumalo Women Clinic is dedicated to serving women's medical needs and safe abortion
Abortion Pills Procedures
Abortion Pills is an abortion using pills that you swallow, or that are put through the vagina, in the cervix. This type of abortion can be done as soon as a pregnancy begins, and is usually available until week 2 to 12 of pregnancy,
Abortion Pills is a procedure that uses medication to end a pregnancy. A medical abortion doesn’t require surgery or anesthesia and can be started either in a medical office or at home with follow-up visits to your doctor. It’s safer and most effective during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Safe Abortion Pills
- Medication abortion offers a safe, reliable and non-surgical means of abortion.
- Medication abortion involves the medications mifepristone and misoprostol.
- Mifepristone (previously known as RU486) is taken by mouth. It ends a pregnancy by blocking the action of the hormone (progesterone) that supports the pregnancy.
- Misoprostol is also taken by mouth. It causes the cervix to soften and the uterus to contract to expel the pregnancy.
- Medication abortion is an alternative to surgical abortion for women for whom it is medically suitable, and who have made an informed decision about the best option for them.
How safe is Abortion Pills
- Abortion Pills are safe, For around 95 to 98 per cent of pregnancies up to 12 weeks, no further treatment is needed after taking the two doses of abortion medication.
- Unlike surgical abortion, medication abortion does not need to take place in a hospital or day surgery unit as it does not require a surgeon, anaesthetist or other medical staff to be present during the later stage of the procedure. This makes it a suitable alternative for those living in remote areas provided they have access to emergency care.
- It is a less clinical and non-surgical procedure, which some women may prefer.
- Some women feel it is a more natural process.
- It happens in a home environment.
How to take care after the procedure
We advise you on taking care of yourself in the days following the abortion. We provide you with the cleaning pills to reduce the risk of infection during the week after having the procedure, it is recommended that you do not:
- insert anything into your vagina, including tampons (do not use tampons until your next period)
- have vaginal sex
- perform any strenuous activity, including sport or heavy physical work, until the bleeding stops
- go swimming or have a bath (you can shower).
We give you information about the risks and symptoms of possible complications and what to do if they occur, such as where to obtain assistance at any time.
How will you feel emotionally after an abortion?
After having an abortion, most women feel relief, and that they made the decision that was right for them at the time particularly if they had support, and were able to make a free and informed decision.
If the decision was difficult for you, you may feel sadness or have other negative feelings, especially in the short term.
If you feel you need emotional support, speak to us.
You can feel comfortable
Our Medical staff and nurses will help make your abortion as comfortable as possible. You’ll get pain killers and numbing medications that will make it hurt less and you may get sedation. You may have a little cramping after your abortion. You’ll probably want to take it easy for a while afterward, but most people are back to normal the next day.
Breast feeding After you take the Abortion Pills
The medicines in the abortion pill can sometimes pass into breastmilk. But it’s usually in small amounts that shouldn’t affect a baby. You can talk to us if you’re breastfeeding, and we shall help you figure out what’s best for you and your baby.